Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A to Z: B is for Bright


B is for birthday, happy birthday to one of my favorite people! Inspired by poetic asides, here is a couple poems that may or may not start with B:

Bright and Dark

Bright and dark
are beautiful opposites
bringing different things
and similar things

Bright is smiles
and dark are tears
but it's in the dark before dawn
God hears your prayers

In the dark is silence
to take you back to center
in the brightness
lots of things happen
that make you go with and for people
yet it also lights your path

Whether it's bright or dark
accept it as it is
for what you'll get.

-Fida Islaih
{all writing is copyrighted}

11 comments:

Jamie Dement (LadyJai) said...

Definitely something that I need to be reminded of, especially today since it's been a hard ride through these last few weeks for me. I need to remember to accept it as it is. Everything has a reason!
Thanks!
Jamie Dement (LadyJai)
http://writebackwards.we3dements.com

Sania Heba said...

"it's in the dark before dawn..."
That made the poem fabulously work for me.
Beautifully done! :)

Adriana Dascalu said...

you killed two birds with one stone: A to Z and Poetic Asides! ;)

beautiful! And i love birthdays, too.

Fida Islaih said...

I'm glad I could help you Jamie! And thank you ladies! (:

Sarah Chafin said...

Loved the whole thing but especially the last few lines.

Christine Rains said...

B is for beautiful! Great poem.

Crystal Collier said...

Fida! I knew I'd stumble across you if I haunted the halls of A-Zers long enough. Following now. =)

Fida Islaih said...

Lol! I'm glad you found me through all those links. And thanks (-:

Tomara Armstrong said...

without the bad the good isn't as sweet :)

Damyanti said...


In the dark is silence
to take you back to center

Love that.

Damyanti @Daily(w)rite
Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge

Ghadeer said...

This is beautiful poetry! I'm glad I found your blog :)