Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Enjoyed Outside My Comfort Zone

Hello Poetteers,


When I first got into reading I enjoyed the MG mysteries. As I got to YA novels I mostly stuck with contemporary and historical. It shows that in my bookshelf. Here are top ten five books I enjoyed that weren’t my type of book.


1. The Lunar Chronicles 
It was my first sci fi series I read and loved!


2. Ms. Marvel
The first comic book series I read and enjoyed. 


3. Throne of Glass series
The first high fantasy series I read and fell in love with. 


4. Unwind 
My first dystopian read. It was interesting and I liked it. I still need to continue the series but I haven't be pulled to finish it. 


5. My Name is Memory 
This is the first novel I read with time travel.

Thank you,
Fida

5 comments:

IloveHeartlandX said...

Glad you enjoyed the Throne of Glass series. You should definitely continue with the Unwind series, it's a great series of books. The Lunar Chronicles is a series that I really want to read, though I'm not sure when I'll get to it.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/23/top-ten-tuesday-45/

Mallory @ The Local Muse said...

I'm glad to see you loved Ms. Marvel! It was the first superhero comic series I read too and I loved it. You should check out the New 52's Wonder Woman series, it's great too!
Thanks for stopping by the The Local Muse

Josephine Rayne said...

I also read Throne of Glass to get out of my comfort zone, but I just couldn't get into it. I'm glad you enjoyed it though!

Tisha @ http://adreamfrommyheart.blogspot.com

Medeia Sharif said...

I also prefer contemporary, but speculative fiction grabs my attention too.

Tracey Joseph said...

I own a copy of Cinder and I've yet to read it. I definitely need to. My Name is Memory looks wonderful.