Skip to main content

Upcoming Poetry Reads of 2021, Part 2

Hello Poetteers, 

I'm sharing more poetry books I discovered and am excited to read!

March

Coming Home to Her By Emily Juniper

It is a celebration of being human. It is a coming out journey, an exploration of sexuality, femininity, loving, and being loved.

How to Bloom By Tatyana White Jenkins

A collection of poems about the enthralling, complex, grueling, and beautiful journey of growth.

April

The Gravity Inside Us By Chloe Frayne 

An ode to whatever it is we carry that pulls us in and out of place, and speaks so insistently of fate.

The Medicine That Burns by Molly S Hillery

It is a raw declaration on what a life of trauma can look like after the dust settles and the poems have happy endings. It is an unflinching narrative on how hurt is cyclical, how recovery must be redefined repeatedly, and how shame can poison us in the worst ways.

I See How You've Kept Me by Aisha Adams

A debut poetry book that takes you through a journey of brokenness to reach complete healing.

May

The Light Within My Light By Amin Jaswal

A collection of poetry focused on finding one’s self and healing the broken parts within ourselves. Using metaphors, symbolism and gender fluidity in her writing Amin explores the inner relationship and conflict between our feminine and masculine energy.

October

Flower Crowns and Fearsome Things By Amanda Lovelace

Amanda lovelace explores the complexity of femininity through alternating wildflower & wildfire poems. within these pages, you will find that each of us has the ability to be both soft & fierce at the same time. there is no need to choose one or the other.

Comments

Zainab Lunar said…
Lovely list! Thanks for the recommendation.

Popular posts from this blog

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers,  It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems.  Rose under fire burned into cinder my name is memory.   Out of the easy and between shades of gray  say what you will every last word.   Her treasures are written in the stars because every soul is a star. I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here . My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here .  Thank you, Fida 

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers