Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...
Comments
All the best with self-publishing and moving on!
Would it be possible for you to add Write...Edit...Publish into your Blog Post Title. I've come by about 3 times thinking you hadn't posted yet, then decided to open this post and comment anyway. Most of the participants may not realise this is your post.
Thank you for posting for WEP. I really appreciate it.
Denise
......dhole
Congratulations on your self-pub collection. You are so brave!