Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Behind the Poem: Resistance

Hello Poetteers,


Resistance is a poem I wrote a year ago. I wanted it to be about Palestine but as I wrote it changed to be about me. It's a confusing poem talking about both. You may be able to see it as you read it. You'll notice that parts of it is out of place:

This is not going to be a city street
with just a memory
it will have its living moments.


With the two story lines I decided to make it two different poems. I've changed to be about a person's journey. Rereading, it is one of my favorites I've written. Since then it's been revised and published in my book, Her Treasures. 


Her Treasures is available on Amazon. You can get signed copy on Etsy.

Stay inspired,
Fida

2 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

I love the evolution poetry takes. So often when we put words on the page they change, and sometimes they change us. I think that's the best part.

Fida Islaih said...

That's so true! Thank you!