Thursday, November 24, 2016

How I Title My Poems

Hello Poetteers,

Don't have time to read right now? Download the PDF version.

I loved sharing with you ways to title your poems. I decided to give you my secret to titling poems.

1. Find an adjective that describes the emotion your poem is giving.

2. Find a repeated word.

3. Put the two together.

4. Does it reflect your poem?

Example:

Take a look at my poem, Weary Hope. I repeated the word hope, so i knew it needed to be in the title. The beginning of the poem talks about being weary, so that was the adjective I needed to add. Together I came up with a title that would make the reader wonder and pull them in to read it.


For more help on your poetry titles, I have a cheatsheet available! Also, in my editing services I help you with choosing a poetry title. 

stay inspired,
Fida

No comments: