Skip to main content

100 Day Project Reflection

Hello Poetteers,


I was running on the excitement of a new idea and working on something new. But then it wore off and I fell behind. I kept going and at one point I thought I didn't love this idea anymore. I wanted to quit. I told myself no. I still love this idea. I just need a little more wiggle room. So I changed up some things.

When I started the project I limited myself to one book but then I let myself use any of my books. As you saw I tried to keep organized by going in order of the book. I switched to doing what calls to me. Drawing the Muslim girls was my favorite part. It felt like I needed to do a new piece every day but I let myself redraw something if I felt the need to do so.

I fell behind for a few days and caught up. But I fell behind for a week and caught back up. But then I fell behind again. I saw some people use the progress pictures as part of the project. I decided to try it out and it helped me catch up. 

Maybe the structure of the project isn't for me or the idea I chose is not for me or it simply isn't a priority for me.

My word of the year is strength. There is strength in keeping going but there is also strength in realizing what bogs you down vs what lights you up. I'm glad I tried this. I'll be drawing a final piece and saying bye to this project. Thank you for following along on this short experimental journey.

Day 33. This is my last piece for #the100dayproject.
From my poem, Knock, in my book, Hugs & Kisses.

Do you ever change up or quit your project after you start?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers,  It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems.  Rose under fire burned into cinder my name is memory.   Out of the easy and between shades of gray  say what you will every last word.   Her treasures are written in the stars because every soul is a star. I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here . My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here .  Thank you, Fida 

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers