Friday, May 3, 2013

A to Z Reflections

Hello readers,

If you're here for my writer's voice entry, enjoy it! But then come back here to see what I have to say about having just finished the A to Z Challenge. This year happened to be my first time doing it. I've seen other bloggers do it before and always thought I should do it. And I finally did.

I may have some days full of inspiration and days where none came and I didn't want to post on my blog. But I did. I enjoyed seeing/reading what my blogger friends had to share. I enjoyed seeing/reading new blogger friends.

I enjoyed finding Muslim girl poets like Sania and Zainab. Finding short stories by Sarah and Christine. And tips from Tara, Crystal, and Courtney. Thanks, ladies!

I enjoyed getting new readers and comments. I love the loyalty and I hope it continues.

Btw, if you remember during the big reveal/preview that I said I'd be having a poetry collection published by the end of the year. Well, I found a self-publishing platform to go along with. For now, I need to make a specific plan. And of course, I'll keep you updated.

Oh, wait! What's your favorite poem from this challenge?

Thanks & Love, Fida Islaih
(all writing is mine & copyrighted unless stated otherwise).

14 comments:

Sania Heba said...

*Gasp* you're self publishing your poetry? Hats off to u sister. And all the best! :)

Sarah Chafin said...

Thanks for the mention :) I'd love to chat with you about self publishing some time. I've had a few people think I should do something with my story collection and I'd like to at least look into it.

Ghadeer said...

I'm glad you took part and I got to meet your blog!

Laura Marcella said...

Hello, Fida! Thanks for leaving a comment on my reflections post. Something went wonky with my blog and that post went up too early and then when I fixed all the comments :( But I remembered to come back and pay your blog a visit! Congrats on finishing the Challenge AND for getting your poetry collection published!! That's really exciting!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

Tara Tyler said...

so excited for you!!
your a to z poetry was fantastic! you have such a talent for it! poetry lovers will sing your praises =)

best wishes for smooth publishing!

Fida Islaih said...

Thank you everyone!!

Kristen Dyrr said...

Congrats on finishing A to Z! Now I'm curious, and I'll have to go back and visit all of your posts. :) I wish you all the best on your self-publishing adventures.

#atozchallenge reflections on Kristen's blog: A to Z Reflections

Christine Rains said...

Thank you. Your poems were lovely. I hope to see more here. :)

Ashley Nixon said...

I failed at the challenge. :/ School got in the way! I commend you! Poetry is not easy at all! I'm so happy you're following through with your self-publishing idea! How awesome!

Mina Lobo said...

Good for you, for choosing to put your poetry out into the world yourself! It's a brave, and scary, thing to do. So from one Indie to another - I salute you! :-)

Fida Islaih said...

Don't feel bad, at least you tried (: And thank you (:

Fida Islaih said...

Thank you!! (-:

Crystal Collier said...

Eek, thanks for the mention! I've been embarrassingly absent and behind, but I enjoyed your poetry. I don't know that I could pick a favorite... I'm sending virtual cheese your way and wishing you much luck with publishing. *deep breath* YOU CAN DO IT!

Fida Islaih said...

Thanks for the cheese and love!! And you're welcome!