Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on Your Syllabus

Hello Poetteers,

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. 
The topic today is what books would be on the syllabus if you taught historical fiction. 











Which of these books have you read? What other historical fiction novels would be on your list? What class are you teaching? Link up so I can check out your posts! 

Thank you,

Fida 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I read both of Ruta's books and To Kill a Mockingbird. The rest look great, too.
Tara Tyler said…
excellent collection - my son read the book thief this summer for homework - and is reading to kill a mockingbird right now! i've read it too. ive been meaning to check out two kites - and i like your blurbs! nice job!
Excellent way to own this Top Ten Tuesday Topic. Mine is not so refined however, I came at it with short stories, which I do think is different.

My TTT which isn't actually a list and shh... I have 11 short stories on my not list today.
Cute graphics! I need to read The Book Thief! It's been sitting on my TBR pile for forever. I also really want to check out Out of the Easy. Great list!
Fida Islaih said…
I only have 8 on my list. It's alright and thank you!
iloveheartlandX said…
Love Between Shades of Grey, I read it recently and it was amazing! Will probably read Out Of The Easy now, since Between Shades of Grey was so good. The Book Thief is wonderful, one of my favourite books ever. Code Name Verity is one I still need to read, I have it, but just haven't read it yet.
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/08/25/top-ten-tuesday-19/
Cilla said…
Love this list! Code Name Verity and The Book Thief have been on my list for ages, but the others look really interesting too. Adding Mornings in Jenin and Sarah's Key to my TBR :D
Crystal Collier said…
I read The Book Thief (too slow) and To Kill A Mockingbird. Not a big fan. I do need to read Code Name Verity and Kite Runner still. They're on the list.

Popular posts from this blog

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers,  It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems.  Rose under fire burned into cinder my name is memory.   Out of the easy and between shades of gray  say what you will every last word.   Her treasures are written in the stars because every soul is a star. I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here . My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here .  Thank you, Fida 

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers