Skip to main content

TCWT May Blog Chain

Hello Poetteers,

It's Monday blessings kind of day and a day TCWT blog chain makes a reappearance. I'm blessed for that. And a few other things I won't mention. This month's question is:

What kinds of published books would you like to see more of?

Diversity.
People of color.
Different cultures.
Religions.

Different disabilities.
Physical. Mental. Learning.
Deaf. Blind. Wheelchair bound or not.

I want stories well researched,
not cliched and stereotypical.

My friends. Me.

I want historical fiction that doesn't take place in Europe. I prefer Asia.

I love road-trip stories.

I saw someone say this: "a retelling of Anne of Green Gables. #rbwl" YES PLEASE!

I saw the same person say this: "I want non-absentee parents who demand an explanation when their kids act weird/disappear randomly. #rbwl" and this: "I love books with big families..."

If you see this, I'm working on that.

I want SCRAFY IN THE MIDDLE, it's sequel and one shots published.

Last but not least, can't I say I want the books I'm writing to be published?!

Btw, those three quotes came from this. I actually love everything she said. check it put if you haven't already. Thanks to John for sharing. 

Stops on the Blog Chain:

May 5: Sammi Talks about POV
May 6: Nerd Inc talks nerd characters, etc.
May 7: Nasriel's Fanfics
May 8: Erin Kenobi
May 9: The Little Engine That Couldn't
May 10: Life of a Random
May 11: Mara Laurey

Love, Fida

Comments

Have you read Tamburlaine's Elephants or The Kite Rider by Geraldine McCaughrean? Both Asian, and pretty good, actually.
There's a prequel to AoGG, if you wanted that, it's called Before Green Gables.
Good points, good post. Apparently John wants this to be a 'let's help each other find the books we want' chain!
klbnkrhfn said…
Good post! A lot of people have been crying for diversity in fiction, and I think that's great.
Fida Islaih said…
Thank you very much for the recommendations (:
Anonymous said…
Lovely post! :)

I've never understood the absent-parent thing in books. I mean, in theory I guess I do - because then the kids can have adventures, right? But it's still not very realistic.
Lily J. said…
Nice post! Definitely agree about non-absentee parents, and I would love to see more stories about people with disabilities.
Tara Therese said…
I agree about absent parents being unrealistic (unless they don't love their child(ren)). I know I cannot disappear on an adventure! :)
John Hansen said…
Oooh yes! I'd also love more books with disabled characters, and your idea of more historical fiction set in Asia is AWESOME. Like a Tokugawa Japan or Qing China historical would be so much fun.

Thanks for participating! And congrats on your upcoming poetry book!
Miriam Joy said…
You're right, there's a definite lack of parents in a lot of YA books. I'm guilty of it myself, in some of my novels, but it's kinda tricky when my characters live in a society where familial groupings don't actually EXIST... I don't know why I thought that was a good idea at the time, ha ha.

Popular posts from this blog

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers,  It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems.  Rose under fire burned into cinder my name is memory.   Out of the easy and between shades of gray  say what you will every last word.   Her treasures are written in the stars because every soul is a star. I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here . My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here .  Thank you, Fida 

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers