Sunday, June 26, 2011

Monday Blessings #6: Sisterhood

Assalaamu Alaikum sisters!

My number one blessing: sisterhood! xx

Wanna know what I'm talking about and why. Check out Dear Little Auntie's 'You've Got Mail :D' Here's a poem I wrote inspired by them:

Stand Up

Stand up
and be the person you want to see,
stand up
and be the person you want to be,
no more waiting
just stand up and walk.

You'll meet sisters along the way
ready to help
give you a hand
pull you forward, push you on

Yet take your time,
your own pace
to each decision

Just know
Allah is here and ready.

(written Jun 27, 11)

Love, Fida

7 comments:

MarieHarmony said...

Great to read you again Fida - this poem is really lovely. That's true we are never alone and it's what makes the journey a fantastic one!
Stay well.

Rahma Fateen said...

Fida! I love it, love it, love it.
Great work.
Keep it up.

p.s I love you more sis ♥ xx

Fida I said...

@Marie: I'm glad to have the inspiration I've been waiting for. And thanks!

@Rahma: Thanks!

Fida xx

LaiLa said...

Salam!
It's so beautoful! :) I like it a lot! it's s inspiring! And all this poem says it's really true!

HUgs!

Fida I said...

@Laila: Wasalam (: Thanks!

Little Auntie said...

I love it!!!! :D

We're so putting that up :)

Friday, inshaAllah? :)

Fida I said...

Aww.. well it's all thanks to you. And go ahead (: