Feel Confident in Your Poetry
I was asked a couple questions on what to do when you start comparing yourself to others and how to feel confident in your writing.
- Don’t read other people's poetry when working on your poems.
- Write for yourself first.
- Write what you know. What you’re passionate about.
- Write consistently.
- Practice different styles.
- Know the message you want to share.
- Remind yourself of the compliments you’ve received on your other poems.
- Step away from it and read it later with fresh eyes.
- Edit your poems (my editing service).
For more tips like this, join my free newsletter.