Skip to main content

Currently...

Hello Poetteers,
{Fun fact: What's Up Wednesday was based at least in part off of the Currently... post that had been circulating at the time. Thanks goes to Katy Upperman and Jamie Morrow for starting this up again so we all have a way to touch base now that WUW is no longer.}


Loving...

The sound of thunderstorms. It is comforting (even though it can make you jump).

Reading...

My latest reads has been AN EMBER IN THE AHES by Sabaa Tahir, WRITTEN IN THE STARS by Aisha Saeed, and CHILDREN OF THE STONE by Sandy Tolan. A diverse list, of course. A fantasy, a contemporary, and a non-fiction. All three were amazing!

Watching...

I don't watch any TV, but if you see me in front of a screen its vlogs and book tube. 

Listening to...

The album The Path by Raef, literally. It's on as I write this! Also, City of Lights by Kareem Salama.

Thinking about...

Future projects and events.

Anticipating...

Summer break and more time to work on what I love. Also, secret things and not so secret things like the upcoming fall release of my 4th poetry collection!

Wishing...

For something to sweep me of my feet and onto something amazing.

Making me happy...

The sun and warm weather, wearing skirts, being inspired by dreams and love, writing endless amounts of poetry. 

Love, Fida

Comments

Tara Tyler said…
i rather like thunderstorms as well! and i'm also looking forward to summer break and writing more! i hope!

i'm curious what vlogs you watch? i'm thinking of getting my feet wet in that pool...
I love thunderstorms, too. The whole thing—thunder, lightening, rain, wind—is so relaxing.

And I can't wait to start AN EMBER IN THE ASHES. I've been hearing such great things!
Rachel said…
I too like thunderstorms. :) even if they freak me out. I've heard such great things about WRITTEN IN THE STARS and EMBER IN THE ASHES. I must pick them up!!
Fida Islaih said…
Family vlogs like Ellie and Jared, etc. Thank you!
Fida Islaih said…
Happy reading, thank you!
Fida Islaih said…
I hope you enjoy them, too, thank you!
Simply Sarah said…
I have An Ember in the Ashes. I can't wait to read it. It sounds amazing. I can't wait to read you're new poetry collection.
katyupperman said…
Love this post, Fifa! I'm so glad you jumped into "Currently" this week. I read WRITTEN IN THE STARS last year and thought it was so compelling. I'm looking forward to reading her recent sophomore novel. I'm loving the sunshine and the spring weather as well. Have a wonderful week!

Popular posts from this blog

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers,  It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems.  Rose under fire burned into cinder my name is memory.   Out of the easy and between shades of gray  say what you will every last word.   Her treasures are written in the stars because every soul is a star. I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here . My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here .  Thank you, Fida 

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers