Skip to main content

TCWT Blog Chain: A Book That Changed My Life


Hello readers,

This month's prompt is to write about a book. What is one particular book that changed your life? Why did you originally choose to read it? What impact has it had on you?

The book that changed my life, not many people know about, it is 'Mornings in Jenin' by Susan Abulhawa. The book talks about life in the village to living in a refugee camp. It goes through 4 generations. Most of the book follows one girl and her life of learning and moving out of camp to continue her learning.

I love this book and it changed my life. I got this when I was slowly started to think of the Palestinian cause. I remember the day I was on the computer looking at the Barnes & Noble website and looking for books on Palestine or something similar.

My parents surprised me with the book, apparently, I left the page open or they looked at the Internet history. I know they know I really love reading. Either the secretly knew my love for Palestine or just wanted me to start learning of my other home.

After that, I've been writing poems and lots of them about Palestine; I even dedicated a second blog of mine and some of my twitter to the Palestinian cause. Also, I'm getting involved in the campaigns on twitter and BDS.

I can't for the day I go to Palestine!

Participants:

January 5th - Muslim Spirit by Fida
January 6th - The Teenage Writer
January 7th - Miss Alexandrina
January 8th - Between The Lines
January 9th - Avon’s Babbles
January 10th - Life.
January 11th - Inside The Junk Drawer
January 12th - Notebook Sisters
January 13th - Musings From Neville’s Navel
January 14th - The Loony Teen Writer
January 15th - A Mirror Made Of Words
January 16th - Epistolary Girl
January 17th - Inklined Writers
January 18th - Zara Hoffman’s Blog
January 19th - SydneyJoTo
January 20th – Reality Is Imaginary
January 21st - The Little Engine That Couldn’t
January 22nd - Writers Response
January 23rd - John Hansen Writes
January 24th – Miriam Joy Writes

-Fida Islaih
{all writing is copyrighted}

Comments

Miriam Joy said…
Thanks for posting and starting off the chain! It's great to have something that I, certainly haven't heard of, rather than a rehash of books all of us enjoyed when growing up. And it's nice being surprised with books - it happens rarely to me, but just sometimes it does. It's always good. :)
Fida Islaih said…
It's my pleasure! I'm glad you like it (-:
CG @ Paper Fury said…
Sounds like a great book! (I'm going to go look it up!) It's always awesome to read a book that gets you excited for something you're already passionate about.

stopping by from the TWCT blog chain

Popular posts from this blog

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers,  It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems.  Rose under fire burned into cinder my name is memory.   Out of the easy and between shades of gray  say what you will every last word.   Her treasures are written in the stars because every soul is a star. I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here . My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here .  Thank you, Fida 

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers