Skip to main content

1 Muharram 1433

Assalamu Alaikum sisters,

As I hope you know, today is the first day of the new year in the Islamic calendar. We're already starting our 2012!

Since Friday night and today I've been spending it writing poetry about nature and love. And working on my nano. (W)rite now, my total is 9,990 words.

My goals for this new year:

1) write 1k each day for novelizing. Make poetry big, maybe start getting paid.

2) Exercise body: Yoga 30 mins each day.

3) Exercise soul, too! Pray all 5 prayers, fast, keep tongue moist Allah's name... (just keep improving as Muslim)

4) Be more outgoing and strong emotionally and physically. Stand up for what you believe. If frustrated be able to talk what really is on your mind (resource teacher does care).

5) Last but not least, love. (it's hard to explain, but Allah knows what's in my heart and if He wills, will make it come true sooner than I think).

Have a great new year and may Allah bless us all! Ameen! (:

-written by Fida Islaih
(all writing is mine and is copyrighted)

Comments

Hawwa said…
Salaam alaikum :) might i just say masha Allah to all your write-ups!! More grease to your elbows sister. Very creative and inspiring!! :D
M Pax said…
Best to you on meeting all your goals. Happy new year to you. :)
Fida Islaih said…
@Hawwa: Welcome to my blog! And thank you! :D

@M Pax: Thanks! (:

Popular posts from this blog

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers,  It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems.  Rose under fire burned into cinder my name is memory.   Out of the easy and between shades of gray  say what you will every last word.   Her treasures are written in the stars because every soul is a star. I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here . My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here .  Thank you, Fida 

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers