Skip to main content

Preparing for Tomorrow

Assalaamu Alaikum sisters,

It's day 6 of Ramadan. This morning after sahoor I decided to go ahead and watch a lecture now instead of later in the day. This lecture I watched is: Welcome College, Preparing for Tomorrow by Yasmin Mogahed

Of course, I had taken notes. I've already shared them on my twitter and my Tumblr, so I decided to share it here, too.

So this is what I got from the video:

Have taqwa and plan for the hereafter. Don’t be like those who forget Allah. If you forget Him, He will make you forget yourself. Keep that in mind because it happens to those in college.

Find and stay with those who try to please Allah. Don’t overlook them. There is a Hadith that even mentions this is like a perfume shop. You leave with good even if you just sit among them. There is also a Hadith that talks about what the angels do with the good.

I think we all want that. But first, we have to remember Allah for him to remember us. Remember Him as much as you want. Even if people call you crazy, don’t listen. Allah is what we think of Him. And when we mention Him, He will mention us to a greater group.

So stand firm and respond with good.

And stay connected. Keep the Quran with you. It speaks to you specifically for whatever the situation. All of this is just a means. It will lead you to a greater end.

Allah is One. Get to know Allah. Cuz of that, the more you love and serve Him.

This is a reminder for me first and then to you.

Love,

Fida Islaih

Comments

Saba said…
As Salaamu Alaikum

Thank you for sharing you notes. :)All reminders are good reminders if they bring you closer to Allah! So thank you for bringing us closer to Allah! :)
Fida Islaih said…
Wa alaikum salaam,

You're welcome! Alhamdulillah I am able to do this (:

Popular posts from this blog

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers,  It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems.  Rose under fire burned into cinder my name is memory.   Out of the easy and between shades of gray  say what you will every last word.   Her treasures are written in the stars because every soul is a star. I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here . My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here .  Thank you, Fida 

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers