Skip to main content

Last Day of Poetryfest


Assalamu Alaikum sisters,

Before I get to my third and last poem of the blog fest, I have an award to mention. As you know, earlier this year TheSisWhoSmiles awarded me the Butterfly Award. Along with me, she awarded The Creative Muslimah. And yesterday The Creative Muslimah awarded me the award that was awarded to the both of us. Now enjoy this poem. 


Butterfly

Everyone has their own kind of wings
so fly away and be a butterfly
showing your colors
to the world
also helping those along the way.

You feed them
to work their wings
and be their own
just like you.

Keep it up
yet be like a
sunrise and a sunset
going over the horizon,
but remembering to come back
and shine your light on those you love.

(c) Jul 2011

thank you,
Fida

Comments

Tara Tyler said…
eloquent!
great poem!
M Pax said…
Remember to come back. Nice. Great job.
Fida Islaih said…
Thanks, M and Tara!
Anonymous said…
Very much enjoyed your Butterfly poem! Thanks for the vision.
Christine Tyler said…
lovely. i like the imagery.
Fida Islaih said…
@Ms. Mouse: I'm glad you like it.

@Christine: Thanks!
Angela said…
I like the upbeat message.
I like the line about the butterfly showing colors to the world. Great images.
Fida Islaih said…
Thanks Angela and Kayleen! (:
Allison said…
If you turn your head the first and last stanzas look like wing tips and the middle one looks like a head... :)
I love the idea of helping those along the way. That's one of the beauties of life, isn't it? We are all colorful in our own way.
Thanks for the poem :)
Fida Islaih said…
@Allison: Really! Cool!

@Shelly: No, thank you! But it was my pleasure (:

Popular posts from this blog

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers,  It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems.  Rose under fire burned into cinder my name is memory.   Out of the easy and between shades of gray  say what you will every last word.   Her treasures are written in the stars because every soul is a star. I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here . My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here .  Thank you, Fida 

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers