Skip to main content

Love-A-Thon: Book Spine Poetry

Hello Poetteers, 


It is another day of LoveAThon challenges. This morning we have to come up with some book spine poems. 

Rose under fire
burned into cinder
my name is memory. 
Out of the easy
and between shades of gray 
say what you will
every last word. 
Her treasures
are written in the stars
because every soul is a star.

I had too much fun with this. I hope you enjoyed this! You can find more poetry hacks here. My poetry book, Her Treasures, is available here. 

Thank you, Fida 

Comments

I loved these! Your poems are wonderful <3
Nice job!
The second one is soooo good!!
vvb32 reads said…
I love the third one! Beautiful.
Unknown said…
You poet, you! I'm filled with envy - these are so good! I just, wow. I don't know what to say, they're all perfect :)
Cee said…
These are insanely awesome. I love the "rose under fire/ burned into cinder" line in the first poem. What an image. And the second poem! I love that you used two of Ruta Sepetys's books!

Popular posts from this blog

Hearing About IWSG

Hello readers, I was reading Ali's post about this support group that talks about writerly doubts. I have doubts and I shall share them because that's the point of a support group. I used to be insecure about traditional publishing, that no one with accept my writing. Then I heard of self publishing. Yet that added to my insecurities. I have no money or talent to showcase my writing. After IndieReCon I felt a better, yet once the high went away, I find it's only a little bit better. I need a team, I need help. I call for help, but I don't get replies. That's another insecurity, I don't think I have any fans. My blog is becoming dead and I keep thinking of deactivating my twitter. The only reason I stay is for the knowledge. And the worse insecurity, dare I say it. All the above add to me... wanting to quit writing. I have little motivation and that motivation is to show my Muslim community you don't have to be a doctor or lawyer or teacher to be...

What's up Wed: Blog Tour Day 3

Hello readers, What I'm Reading CROWN OF MIDNIGHT! The first book was already great but this second book kicked it up a notch with the OMG! moments. What I'm Writing : I'm keeping on with NaNoWriMo at 28k! In between I'm switching back and forth between two stories: Reading Deciding Hijab after a long break. I forgot about her short conversation about a school dance club. I didn't even put in a scene of her joining after the conversation. More revisions to come. The other story is one I have a sneak peak on Wattpad . What Else : It's day three of belated Hugs & Kisses blog tour. Earlier this month Medeia reviewed my book . If you have read it or is planning to read it I would love to see your review on goodreads ! Poetry Prompt : Write about the feeling reading gives you. a Rafflecopter giveaway Love, Fida # Poetteers