Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What's Up Wednesday: New Year!

Hello Poetteers!

I surprised myself these few days of the new year. I made a goodreads goal to read 60 books this year. I lowered it from last year's 90 books, which I didn't reach. I hope lowering it makes it more attainable.

I've already read two books!

Inside Out & Back Again - which I loved. It's a MG novel in verse about a refugee. I'm used to reading YA, so this was a light read even though there are some emotionally touching scenes. I gave it 5 stars.

The Luxe by Anne Godberson - I enjoyed reading it but it was predictable. I enjoyed the time period and writing style. I gave it 4/5 stars.

Sadly though, I haven't done much writing. I'm trying to write a short story a week. It's not going very well and I need the inspiration/motivation. Hopefully that will change.

Love, Fida
#Poetteers

8 comments:

Majanka Verstraete said...

I'm sure you'll reach your goals of 60 books this year. I'll have to check out the MG book you mentioned. I'm reading as many as I can to get some inspiration for a MG manuscript I want to write this year.

My WuW post.

Emma Adams said...

Hope you get back to writing soon. Best of luck with the reading goal! :)

Crystal Collier said...

I hear you. Writing in 2015 has been tricky. Reading has too, considering my family is SUPER demanding, but I love them. I hope you reach your goal and that your muse starts yacking.

Simply Sarah said...

I lowered my goal this year too. I want to read a lot and a variety of books but I don't want it to be a race. I want to enjoy it and absorb all the words. I read Inside Out and Back Again last year and I enjoyed it too. Now I'm reading Brown Girl Dreaming which is another novel that is written in verse.

Fifi Islaih said...

I really do want to read BROWN GIRL DREAMING, thank you!

smile4niki said...

60 books is still a lot to read! You can do it though! Good luck!

Miss Cole said...

Good luck with all your goals for 2015 :D

Melanie Crouse said...

2 books already is well on your way to 60! Good luck!