Saturday, October 18, 2014

OctPoWriMo Day 18

Hello poetry lovers,

Any luck
in being?

I'm nervous
even with those I love
I talk, ramble
until I can't anymore

My shaking from being nervous
finally stops with the talking
I'm finally calming down
I'm quiet

Grateful for the original love
from my friend
worrying about me
finding a pen for me to use
being playful with me
I'm hopeful

I tell myself
I have to be elegant
but it doesn't last long

It's like the nerves
took all my energy
I start going downhill
drained and tired

Wanting the frisky back
wanting the adventure to go on
but I also want it to end
rest awhile before the next adventure.


Love, Fida

#Poetteers

5 comments:

sunita said...

This is brilliant Fida :)

Jessica Scott said...

This is wonderful! Great job.

Aurora Hylton said...

I'm a very shy person by nature. There are very few people I feel I can be truly myself with. I now work in a field where I interact with people on a daily basis, but it took me a while to get there!
Thank you for visiting us at poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com

Shan Jeniah Burton said...

Lovely. You and your friends are fortunate! =D

Medeia Sharif said...

Reminds me of my times being nervous. Great poem.