Friday, October 4, 2013

OctPoWriMo Day 1-4

Hello readers, 

I'll be sharing with you snippets of my poetry I wrote this week, enjoy! 

Day 1 

A cold bench, a cool breeze 
sweeps my headscarf
the leaves around me, too.

Day 2

Where does poetry hide?
In the depths of my mind
in my heart
running through my veins.

Day 3

It was a jumble of random words wanting to get out of me
it was cuz of the sight of my first gifted poetry book
both put aside
until short stories came
until poetry assignments came.

Day 4

Being, feeling gentle 
like a small breeze 
like the love of God. 

8 comments:

Anna K. Stewart said...

Day 1 and 4 are my favorites here. Simple but well crafted. Day 1 is a perfect moment. Day 4...just a lovely feeling. I liked all of your snippets though. :-)

seekingmeme said...

Beautiful snippets... just enough to make me want more! :)

Lady Whispers said...

Very lovely. These snippets convey it all. Looking forward to read you more :)

Rhi Williams said...

Lovely.

Enchantress said...

Being, feeling gentle
like a small breeze
like the love of God. How beautifully said... :)

Medeia Sharif said...

Short and sweet. They're all great.

Haneen I. Adam said...

I love everything you wrote but day 1 and 4 are amazing, short and very beautiful.

Nimue said...

I like the day 3 verse :) wish i could read the whole of it too ( if there is )