Monday, September 16, 2013

'A to Z Poetry' Cover Process

Hello readers, 

Today is the first day of the blog tour! I'm staying here on my blog to share the cover process. I thought since it's about my poetry I should compile a collage as the cover, but blur it for the text.


I liked it and thought I would use it, but after awhile it didn't feel right. 

Someone told me they wanted me to use a picture of myself since the poems were about me. I chose a good picture from camping and turned it black and white. 

I thought to keep it simple and keep the text to the left. 


It didn't look right. I changed it to the right. 


It still didn't look right. There was too much space. I adjusted the words and the colors. I made my cover!


And there you have it! I hope it was good! Love, 

3 comments:

Patricia Lynne said...

The first cover was cute, but very busy. I like what you ended up with.

LaTonya Baldwin said...

I like the image of you best. Looking forward to reading you.

cik kinah said...

cik kinah love your final cover.simple,fresh and sweet..may Allah ease your way my dear :)