Monday, April 1, 2013

A to Z: A is for Arrival


A is for April, a month to bring things anew. It's also the first day of the A to Z challenge and a poem a day challenge. Inspired by poetic asides, here is a couple poems that may or may not start with A:

New Arrival

We went to the restaurant
I spent every year of my life at
yet this time it was like a new arrival
they took out the antique touch
and made it modern

We went to the bakery/cafe
where we hang out nightly
we always get ice cream
but I got in touch with my Arab side
and got kanafa

The sunsets and the sunrises are
new arrivals
knowing the roads, yet it being different
is a new arrival

Meeting an old friend
yet all these changes
meeting new friends
seeming like regular friends

it's a new arrival, a new comfort.

-Fida Islaih
{all writing is copyrighted}

10 comments:

Sania Heba said...

Now that's why I love poetry so much. Waiting for more from you.

Sania at Embracing Dawn

Sarah Chafin said...

Loved it. Made me stop and think.

Karoline Fritz said...

Excellent work! Can't wait to read more!

Harper said...

Lovely!! Can't wait for more.

Harper at The Tesseract

Pk Hrezo said...

Hi Fida! Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Great to meet you!

Happy A-Z!

Christine Rains said...

Wonderful start to the Challenge!

Adriana Dascalu said...

beautiful, Fida!

Tomara Armstrong said...

You've combined both challenges--I'm impressed. I will definitely have to come back and read more :)

Luana Krause said...

I love your poetry. You take me to that place. So much meaning in the words "new arrivals." Beautiful.

Damyanti said...

A new arrival, a new comfort-- wonderful words!

Look forward to the rest of your challenge posts!

Damyanti
Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge