Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Titles on Tuesday

Hello readers,

It's the first of February, so let's start this month with something cool. That's how the U.S. is feeling: bitter cold and icy. We can stay warm with love and laughs!

Yesterday, resource class made my day. So I had a good last day of January. Why? I'm still working on that memoir I mentioned earlier. I got my resource teacher to read it. Later I offered her to help me with the title. She got the whole class involved. Here are some of the titles they came up with:

  1. Hijabs R Us
  2. Cover Girl
  3. Covered but Not Forgotten
  4. The Great Cover Up
  5. The Oppression of the Unoppressed
Comment: What do you think? Is there anything else you can think of?

Fida

3 comments:

Aeesha S. said...

The third one! Yep.

Little Auntie said...

I absolutely adore "The Great Cover up", BUT for that piece had such a sweet/ soft rhythm and tone for it, I would go with "Cover Girl".

If you were writing an article blasting away @ the people who call hijab oppression,then I would say "The Great Cover up".

Keep it up, though. You've got talent, ma'shaAllah!

Fida Islaih said...

Aww... I love knowing that people love my poetry!

Thanks for the praise and your opinion. Insha'allah soon I'll post the story/article.